Hot and Sour Soup is a Very Delicious Recipe to Serve in Special Dinner. Soup is an Appetizer, it Increases Your Hunger and You can Eat and Digest More Batter. The Ingredients in This Recipe is Suitable for 5 to 8 People. Serve Hot to Enjoy More.
Ingredients to Make Hot and Sour Soup
- 8 Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
- 25g/1oz Corn Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Dry Sherry
- 100g/4oz Pork Loin
- 1.2 Liters/2pt Chicken Stock
- 50g/2oz Bamboo Shoots, Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 225g/8oz Tofu, Diced
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Directions to Make Hot and Sour Soup
- In A Medium Bowl, Soak The Mushrooms In Warm Water For 20 Minutes, Then Drain, Squeeze Out Any Excess Moisture And Cut Into 1cm/1.2in Slices.
- In A Small Dish, Stir The Corn Flour Into The Sherry And Set Aside.
- Put The Pork Loin In A Large Heavy Pan And Completely Cover With Water.
- Simmer Until Tender, Then Cool And Shred.
- Bring The Chicken Stock To The Boil. Stir In the Pork, Mushrooms and Bamboo Shoots.
- Simmer For 10 Minutes, Then Stir In The Soy Sauce And Red Wine Vinegar.
- Season with Salt and Pepper, Then Stir in the Reserved Corn Flour Mixture.
- Keep Stirring Until The Soup Has Thickened.
- Remove from the Heat and Whisk in the Egg. Mix In The Tofu And Heat Through. Serve The Soup Hot.